Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tales of the CulturePrincess

Part 1
My daughter has a better social life than I do. Every weekend she is either having a party at her school or going to a birthday party of a friend. Then of course I always create something for us to do when I am bored. This weekend we went apartment hunting. After all that searching we were hungry so we ate at a Indian Buffet place. She is three years old and eating Indian food! I know some adults who can’t handle Indian food. Her plate was so pretty. She had oranges, and yellows and greens from all the different spices and ingredients. She mainly devoured the yellow rice and naan, and hardly touched anything else.
The next day we went to Art Museum and they have on display modern local artists and French (societe anoyme) artists. I am actually looking at the paintings for the style and flair. My daughter just sees a bunch of colors and shapes on a canvas that she wants to touch. I have never understood why Museums don’t let you touch anything.
That’s an idea I could work on. After viewing the pieces we went and created our own watercolor abstract art. We again worked up our hunger and had Italian food. So that is three different cultures in two days. Good for you Cultureprincess, now the Culturequeen has to catch up.

0 comments: